Georgetown Fire Crews called for Friday Morning Blaze

Jan 18, 2013 -- 5:10pm

State Fire Marshal investigators say a house fire this morning on Snow Road in Georgetown began in the chimney area of a wood stove and was caused by combustibles too close to the stove pipe.  Firefighters from Georgetown and Millsboro encountered heavy fire when they arrived just after 9am.  No one was home when the fire broke out and the victim is being helped by the American Red Cross.  Damage is estimated at $20,000.

Click picture for more photos

 

 

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

George Noory

12am-5am


Coming Up
Mike & Jake, 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.