Long Neck Fire Kills Family Dogs


Photos courtesy Indian River Volunteer Fire Company

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says a fire in the Sherwood Forest Community in Long Neck Wednesday morning was accidental.

It happened around 10:30 in the 32000 block of Steele Road, when an electrical malfunction inside the garage sparked a blaze that severely damaged the garage, two camping trailers and a pickup truck.  It took fire crews about a half an hour to control the blaze, and no one was home at the time of the fire – but four family dogs were found deceased at the scene.  The damages are estimated at about $50,000.


Previous articleDrought Conditions Continue in Northern Delaware
Next articleWicomico County Sheriff Press Release
Randi has been called the most recognized voice in Washington DC, having been the voice of the Metrorail system since winning the honor in 2006 over 1,258 competitors across the country. Since then she has been busy narrating educational videos for The University of Maryland, NOAA, voicing announcements on the SmartBus systems in California and Virginia, and being the voice of the National Cancer Institute's "Did You Know?" video series. Randi also records commercials that are heard around the country.