The Delaware Memorial Bridge shattered traffic records last year. The bridge saw over 18-million vehicles through the southbound toll plaza – beating a record of over 17.8-million that was set in 2016. Last year’s traffic totals represent a healthy 2.9% year-over-year increase. Other records – highest traffic volume for a weekend period was set the weekend of August 16 through 18th – with over 211,000 vehicles. August was also the best single month in history with over 1.8-million vehicles – the previous all-time record month was August – of 2003!
In addition to registering more than 18 million vehicles in a calendar year for the first time ever, the Delaware Memorial Bridge also established other notable traffic records in 2019, including:
· Best single month in history – August 2019 with 1,845,190 surpassing the previous all-time record month of August 2003 (1,818,185)
· All-time record traffic for months of April, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.
· First time October and November numbers topped 1.5 million
· Most number of 60,000+ days in one year – 56
· Most number of 65,000+ days in one year – 31
· Topped 70,000+ vehicle days in one year – 8
· Highest traffic volume for a weekend period (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) set on August 16-18 – 211,685 vehicles
· Best ever Good Friday traffic volume of 73,198 set on April 19