Beach Replenishment to Start This Week in Rehoboth Beach

1100

Rehoboth Beach beach nourishment project to begin this week along the north end of Rehoboth. The project is being done by DNREC and the US Army Corps of Engineers – sand pumping operations will be through Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company. Expect temporary closures of sections of the beach while the pumping is being done. The first closure will be near the Deauville Beach parking lot and the work will continue south to Rehoboth Avenue before moving to Dewey Beach for a second project. Estimated completion for the nourishment project is 20 days in Rehoboth Beach followed by 25 days in Dewey Beach.

Funding for the $7.2-million project is from the US Army Corps of Engineers, which provided 65% and the remaining 35% from DNREC, which is the non-federal partner.