Car Fire Spreads, Heavily Damages Lewes Home
A fire in Lewes caused no injuries but left a home heavily damaged Wednesday night.
According to the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire broke out Wednesday shortly before 7:00 p.m. in the 35,000 block of Peregrine Road. Flames were shooting from the garage when firefighters arrived.
Investigators said a car that was running in the garage caught fire due to a malfunction, causing the blaze to spread to the home. Damage is estimated at $400,000.
Firefighters from the Lewes Fire Department, Indian River Volunteer Fire Company, Rehoboth Beach and Milton responded to the scene.