Last Updated – 8/14/20 7:45am
- June – August – Delaware State Police cancel all sessions of Camp Barnes for Summer of 2020
- July/August – Union Wesley United Methodist Church, Frankford – 176th Campground Anniversary Celebration for 2020 is canceled
- August 15 & 16 – Ocean City Air Show – rescheduled date
- August 30 – Ocean City Offshore Power Boat Race – CANCELED
- Sept 7 – Bethany Beach Jazz Funeral – canceled
- Sept 8 – 13 Operation SEAs The Day has postponed the 2020 8th Annual Warrior Beach Week to 2021. For more information – www.operationseastheday.org
- * Sept 9 – 11 Delaware Bar Exam – Delaware bar exam which was rescheduled for September 9 through 11th at the State Fairgrounds – has now been canceled
- Sept 10 – 11 – 2020 Chautauqua tent shows at Zwaanendael Museum will take place without a live audience – event will be streamed live via ZOOM.
- Sept 11-13 80th National Folk Festival – Salisbury – planning suspended – 80th National Folk Festival will be rescheduled for September 10-12, 2021, in downtown Salisbury
- Sept 12 Small Town Throw Down – Berlin – canceled
- Sept 16-20 OC BikeFest and Delmarva Bike Week is postponed to Sept 15-19, 2021. We will be releasing the 2020 ticket information and music lineup for 2021 next week Wednesday, August 5th. If you are a current 2020 ticket holder, please standby until August 5th for information regarding your passes.
- Sept 19 – Milford’s Riverwalk Freedom Festival – canceled
- Sept 25 – 27 Berlin Fiddler’s Convention – canceled
- Tues, Oct 6 – Berlin National Night Out – canceled
- Oct 7 – 11 – Greyhounds Reach the Beach at Rehoboth Beach Convention Center is canceled
- October 8-9 OC – Jay Leno Show – Postponed
- * October 9-10 Apple-Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville – canceled
- October 15 – 18 Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival – postponed until 2021
- October 16-17 Free State Corvette Weekend – CANCELED
- 2020 World Championship Punkin’ Chunkin’ – canceled
- Rehoboth Summer Children’s Theatre moves Film & Theatre Camps online for July & August and cancels on-stage performances for the summer. Go to http://www.rehobothchildrenstheatre.org/ for more information or registration
- Southern Delaware Therapeutic Riding – closed until the public health threat has been eliminated.
- Sussex County Habitat for Humanity – Sussex County Habitat for Humanity ReStore has reopened with revised hours of operation from Tuesday through Saturday, from 10am-4pm. https://lewesrestore.square.site/
- Milton Summer Concerts – canceled because of virus concerns. Thank for the
past support of the series and we look forward to next year.
- Second Street Players (SSP) in Milford announced the cancellation of the remainder of its 2020 season of shows, including Main Stage and Children’s Theater productions and Movies at Riverfront Theater (MaRT). Second Street Players (SSP) announced the
cancellation of the remainder of its 2020 season of shows, including Main Stage and Children’s
Theater productions and Movies at Riverfront Theater (MaRT).
- RACES Room at the Sussex County Emergency Operations Center in Georgetown, Delaware is closed until further notice.
- Children’s Discovery Center wing of the Lewes History Museum – CLOSED
- The Delaware Democratic Party is immediately suspending our Delegate Selection Caucus process and all corresponding district-level votes.
- The Riverfront Theater in Milford will be closed to the public until further notice – click here for information on rescheduling of shows
- Sussex County Libraries – All 3 County-owned Greenwood, Milton, and South Coastal/Bethany Beach) and 11 independent libraries begin phased services – now accepting checked-out materials at each location. Books, DVDs and other media can be returned using the book drop.
– June 15 – Curbside service for books, audio and video materials begins
- Georgetown Public Library – June 15 – Library Take-out begins
- Rehoboth Beach Public Library – June 15 – Library Take-out begins
- Biggs Museum of American Art – Take a virtual tour of the gallery exhibits – Beginning June 5 – the Elite 8 and Award Winners XX exhibitions will be opening digitally on June 5.
Full details of our reopening plan will be released at a later date.
- First State Brew Tours has suspended public tour operations until further notice.
- US Coast Guard AUX activities have been suspended
- Civil Air Patrol – All DE Wing Cadet activities are suspended
- Worcester County Recreation Center (WCRC) Worcester County parks will remain open for passive activities until further notice. For more information or to speak with Recreation & Parks staff, please call 410-632-2144, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Life Thrift Shop will not be opening for business and donations until further notice.
- Peninsula Regional Health Systems – to Resume Non-Urgent Surgeries, Physical Therapy and More https://www.peninsula.org/covid-19-coronavirus-19
- Beebe Healthcare – Coronavirus Recovery & Safety Plan
- Bayhealth Hospital – Coronavirus Recovery
- Atlantic General Hospital – Coronavirus Updates & Visitation Policy
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital – Coronavirus Updates
- SUSSEX TECH – Coronavirus information
- INDIAN RIVER SCHOOL DISTRICT – Coronavirus News
– A live stream of all Sussex Central High School graduation ceremonies will be broadcast on the school’s Facebook page. Indian River High School will also provide a live stream of its ceremonies. Information on how to access the broadcasts will be posted on the school website and Facebook page a week prior to the ceremonies.
- DELMAR SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Updates
- LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT – District Information
- SEAFORD SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Information
- MILFORD SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Resources
- SUSSEX ACADEMY – SAAC is reopening Monday, June 29. Online reservations for current members begins 6/15/20. https://www.sussexacademy.org/
- WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL –
- DELMARVA CHRISTIAN HS – Decision on Graduation – by June 15th
- Diocese of Wilmington – Catholic schools in Maryland and Delaware through end of school year
- Salisbury University – May 2020 graduation postponed to weekend of December 18-20 at Wicomico Youth and Civic Center in Salisbury. May 2020 graduates are asked to monitor their SU email accounts this Fall for more information about our December plans.
– Beginning Monday, June 1, critical employees with job duties that cannot be completed off campus will be required to check in at COVID-19 symptom screening stations on East Campus before reporting to their worksites.
Those not identified as having symptoms will be cleared to continue to work. Those with symptoms will be directed to contact their supervisors and provided with information regarding self-confinement and seeking medical care. SU does not have the capacity for COVID-19 testing at this time.
Currently, fewer than 300 critical employees are cleared to be on SU’s campus, divided among multiple shifts. Most employees continue to work from home. Campus buildings remain closed to the public, and all in-person summer events have been canceled. For more information call 410-543-6030 or visit the SU COVID-19 webpage Coronavirus Information
- University of Delaware – Class of 2020 Commencement & Convocation – University officials have opted to postpone Commencement and Convocation ceremonies for the Class of 2020 until the spring of 2021 – tentatively scheduled for June 2nd through 4th, 2021.
– June 1st to begin a phased re-activating of campus operations – starting with their research facilities. The rate of reopening facilities will be contingent on sufficient testing, tracing and personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff. Coronavirus Information
- * Delaware State University – University is rolling out its reopening plan today – July 7
– University is requiring that, while on campus, all essential employees and visitors wear a face covering except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health. Coronavirus Information
– Beginning Friday, May 1, 2020, Campus Police will maintain a list of approved essential/reporting employees or visitors at the front gate. Employees whose names are included on this list were notified via email on April 30. Anyone whose name does not appear on this list will be refused access at the security gate unless they obtain approval to access campus.
- Wesley College – Coronavirus Information
- UMES – Coronavirus Information
- Delaware Tech – Coronavirus Information
- Wor-Wic Community College – Tentative commencement date – Wednesday, August 19 at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center at 7pm. It is our intent to make a final decision about the August 19th ceremony no later than the middle of June. We will let you know at that time if plans for the ceremony are final, or if another alternative for graduate recognition will be provided. If the ceremony will be held as planned, you will receive an additional communication in June with all the details for the ceremony. Coronavirus Information
- Wilmington University – All classes are being conducted 100% online. University campuses and sites are closed through June 30, with all business conducted remotely. Coronavirus Information
– Wilmington University has tentatively rescheduled its spring commencement ceremonies for Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020, at the Chase Center on the Riverfront, in Wilmington, Delaware. While commencement will take place this fall, your degrees will still be conferred in the spring once final grades are received, and diplomas will be mailed this summer