Last Updated – 6/1/20 1pm
- Rehoboth Summer Children’s Theatre moves Film & Theatre Camps online for July & August and cancels on-stage performances for the summer. Go to http://www.rehobothchildrenstheatre.org/ for more information or registration
- Southern Delaware Therapeutic Riding – closed until the public health threat has been eliminated.
- Sussex County Habitat for Humanity – The office will remain closed to volunteers and the public until June 1. Office staff will continue to work remotely, and on June 1 begin to come back to the office with new cleaning protocols while promoting social distancing. If this date changes, we will let you know.
– Construction sites are also closed to volunteers and partner families until June 1.
– ReStore has gone virtual! ReStore is now doing online sales and no-contact scheduled pick-ups of purchases. Check out the new online ReStore at https://lewesrestore.square.site/
ReStore is developing a phased reopening plan now, but does not expect to have volunteers in the store before June 1.
- June – August – Delaware State Police cancel all sessions of Camp Barnes for Summer of 2020
- June/July – Hebron Volunteer Fire Department’s 2020 Carnival & July 4 Fireworks – canceled
- June 1 – Georgetown Historical Society meeting canceled – there is no meeting in July & August, and with Labor Day is the first Monday in September, hopefully the next regular meeting the second Monday, September 14
- June 4 – Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics in OC & Worcester County – canceled
- June 6-7 – Ocean City – Sand Duels Beach Soccer Challenge – canceled
- June 10-13 – Special Olympics Delaware has canceled the Law Enforcement Torch Run and Summer Games.
- * June 13 Q -Series Concert in the Quillen Arena at Delaware State Fairgrounds in Harrington – canceled Full refunds to all ticket buyers who purchased their tickets directly from the Fair.
- June 13-14 – Ocean City Air Show – postponed – will be rescheduled for later in the summer
- June 13-14 – OC Car & Truck Show – CANCELED
- June 18-21 – Firefly Concert in Dover – canceled
- June 19 – DFRC Blue-Gold All Star Football Game – canceled
- June 20 – 30th Anniversary Lewes Garden Tour sponsored by the Lewes Chamber of Commerce – canceled
- June 20 – Miss Delaware Competition postponed to 2021
- June 20-21 – Ocean City – Beach 5 Sand Soccer Tournament – CANCELED
- June 20-25 Maryland Fireman’s Association Convention – Will NOT be held in Ocean City, but parts will be held virtually during the summer. Phase 1 will include Nominations, Elections and Administering the Oath of Office in a video format, and the 2020 Memorial Service and Fire Prevention Queen Contest will be provided virtually. All award winners will be announced at this time and presentations of trophies will occur in Phase 2 of the program, which is planned for late summer once social distancing requirements are relaxed
- June 22-26 – DSP Academy – 49th Trooper Youth Week canceled
- June 23 – 24 OC Car and Truck Show – canceled
- July 2 – Aug 8 – Chincoteague Volunteer Fireman’s Carnival canceled
- July 3 Rehoboth Beach Independence Day fireworks – canceled
- July 4 Laurel 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks – canceled
- July 4 Bethany Beach cancels July 4th Celebrations & fireworks
- July 6-10 – Ocean City – Believe National Talent Competition – CANCELED
- July 11 – The Nanticoke Riverfest in Seaford has been canceled
- July 15 – Millard Tawes Crab & Clam Bake – Postponed till fall – new date will be announced soon – check the Facebook page
- * July 23 – August 1 – Concert Series at Delaware State Fair in Harrington – canceled Full refunds to all ticket buyers who purchased their tickets directly from the Fair. The Delaware State Fair is still scheduled to go on
- July 25 – 31 Chincoteague VFC Pony Swim and activities canceled – Pony Auction WILL be held online – watch Chincoteague VFC Facebook page for information
- July 27 – 29 Delaware bar examination will not be administered as previously scheduled. The examination is rescheduled to September 9-11, 2020. Further details will be available later this week on the Delaware Board of Bar Examiners Website
- Sat, August 1 – Cancer Support Community – Wings of Hope has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 1st at 9am at the Tunnel Cancer Center parking lot in Rehoboth.
- Sept 8 – 13 Operation SEAs The Day has postponed the 2020 8th Annual Warrior Beach Week to 2021. For more information – www.operationseastheday.org
- * Sept 11-13 80th National Folk Festival – Salisbury – planning suspended – 80th National Folk Festival will be rescheduled for September 10-12, 2021, in downtown Salisbury
- October 8-9 OC – Jay Leno Show – Postponed
- * Milton Summer Concerts – canceled because of virus concerns. Thank for the
past support of the series and we look forward to next year.
- Second Street Players (SSP) in Milford announced the cancellation of the remainder of its 2020 season of shows, including Main Stage and Children’s Theater productions and Movies at Riverfront Theater (MaRT). Second Street Players (SSP) announced the
cancellation of the remainder of its 2020 season of shows, including Main Stage and Children’s
Theater productions and Movies at Riverfront Theater (MaRT).
- RACES Room at the Sussex County Emergency Operations Center in Georgetown, Delaware is closed until further notice.
- Children’s Discovery Center wing of the Lewes History Museum – CLOSED
- The Delaware Democratic Party is immediately suspending our Delegate Selection Caucus process and all corresponding district-level votes.
- The Riverfront Theater in Milford will be closed to the public until further notice – click here for information on rescheduling of shows
- Sussex County Libraries – suspending all activities and events at their facilities through at least the end of March. Hours of operation will resume at an appropriate future date based on guidance from public health and emergency management officials. The closure applies to the County-owned Greenwood, Milton, and South Coastal (Bethany Beach) libraries, as well as the County’s Bookmobile/Mobile Library.
- Georgetown Public Library – closed and all programs & events are canceled until further notice.
– Outstanding items automatically renewed
– Items on hold will be held
– Book drop is open & cleaned out while library is staffed
- Rehoboth Beach Public Library– closed till State of Emergency is lifted
- Biggs Museum of American Art – have temporarily closed the galleries in an effort to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff. With that, all public and private events will be on hold until further notice. We will contact those who have registered for upcoming programs directly
- First State Brew Tours has suspended public tour operations until further notice.
- US Coast Guard AUX activities have been suspended
- Civil Air Patrol – All DE Wing Cadet activities are suspended
- Worcester County Recreation Center (WCRC) will remain closed to the public, and all programs and activities will be canceled. Worcester County parks will remain open for passive activities until further notice. For more information or to speak with Recreation & Parks staff, please call 410-632-2144, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Life Thrift Shop will not be opening for business and donations until further notice.
- * Peninsula Regional Health Systems – to Resume Non-Urgent Surgeries, Physical Therapy and More https://www.peninsula.org/covid-19-coronavirus-19
- Beebe Healthcare – Coronavirus Recovery & Safety Plan
- Bayhealth Hospital – Coronavirus Recovery
- Atlantic General Hospital – Coronavirus Updates & Visitation Policy
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital – Coronavirus Updates
- * All Delaware Public Schools – Closed through end of school year
- * CAPE HENLOPEN HIGH SCHOOL – Celebrating the Seniors– June 8
– The Journey of the Class of 2020 – Join us for The Journey of Cape Henlopen’s Class of 2020, which will include a drive-thru experience at Hudson Fields! Time and details will be included in an upcoming communication to our families, students, staff and community members as the date approaches.
– June 9 – Cape Henlopen High School virtual graduation – 6:30pm; live ceremony in works
– June 10 & 11 – Cape Staff will deliver personalized signs to graduates and their diplomas – wear cap & gown for picture with diploma – and family
- SUSSEX TECH – Coronavirus information
– The graduation ceremony will be delayed until we receive information on when restrictions may be lifted. This means that the graduation ceremony could take place later in June. However, a specific date has not been set.
- INDIAN RIVER SCHOOL DISTRICT – Coronavirus News
– We have decided to change the graduation format that we previously had approved by our Board. Even though we are planning an outside event, we will not be allowed to accommodate the capacities as in past years. Given the new guidelines, we may have to hold multiple graduations at each school.
- DELMAR SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Updates
- LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT – Graduation Update for Monday, June 1 – To ensure that we have an alternate date for our outdoor Commencement Ceremony in case of rain, Graduation has been rescheduled for Wednesday, June 17 at 6:30 PM. With a Rain Date of Thursday, June 18 at 6:30 PM. Once we have approval, we will then be able to communicate the number of guests per graduate who will be allowed inside of Laurel Stadium for the ceremony. Remember, additional invited guests may watch in the parking lot in their vehicles via the jumbotrons.
- SEAFORD SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Information
– June 11th – Seniors must return Chromebooks that were borrowed. Seaford High School Senior Farewell. Students and families will have an opportunity to be celebrated by the teachers and staff. Students/families will remain in their cars as staff and DO are lined up in front of the school displaying fun messages, signs, and cheers, etc
– GRADUATION: An alternative graduation opportunity will be provided for students and families starting on June 23rd. Click here for more information
- MILFORD SCHOOLS – Coronavirus Resources
– Tue, June 9 – 7pm – Virtual Senior Awards – We will be hosting a virtual senior awards ceremony to recognize all of the hard work the Class of 2020 has displayed. The link for viewing will be communicated prior to the program.
– Fri, June 12 – Sun, June 14 – Walking the Green – Graduates and families will be scheduled for blocks of time to arrive at Briggs Stadium to receive their diploma. Up to four family members may arrive with their graduate at Briggs Stadium. Graduates will be guided to the center of the field and will be able to “walk the green” to receive their diploma. Attending family members will have the opportunity to present the graduating senior with their diploma. The event will be livestreamed so that family, friends and the community may witness the real-time accomplishment of graduates. Further details and links for viewing will be shared prior.
– Wed, June 17 – 6:30pm – 2020 Milford HS Senior Cruise – The cruise will begin from Milford High School as graduates parade through Milford during this annual event. . Milford School District and the City of Milford will partner to make this a memorable experience for graduates and support the community with a safe event. A route and guidelines are being designed to best support CDC and state guidance for social distancing and gatherings.
– Thu, June 18 – 7pm – 2020 Graduation Ceremony – shown through a YouTube video on Thursday, June 18 at 7 pm. The ceremony will contain a compilation of traditional student speeches, guest remarks, student performances and graduates receiving their diploma. Following the ceremony, video will continue with congratulatory remarks from Milford High School staff members, local officials and state officials. The link for viewing will be communicated prior to the ceremony.
- * Diocese of Wilmington – Catholic schools in Maryland and Delaware through end of school year
- * All Maryland Public Schools – Remain closed through end of school year. Distance learning will continue.
- * Salisbury University – May 2020 graduation postponed to weekend of December 18-20 at Wicomico Youth and Civic Center in Salisbury. May 2020 graduates are asked to monitor their SU email accounts this Fall for more information about our December plans.
– * Beginning Monday, June 1, critical employees with job duties that cannot be completed off campus will be required to check in at COVID-19 symptom screening stations on East Campus before reporting to their worksites.
Those not identified as having symptoms will be cleared to continue to work. Those with symptoms will be directed to contact their supervisors and provided with information regarding self-confinement and seeking medical care. SU does not have the capacity for COVID-19 testing at this time.
Currently, fewer than 300 critical employees are cleared to be on SU’s campus, divided among multiple shifts. Most employees continue to work from home. Campus buildings remain closed to the public, and all in-person summer events have been canceled. For more information call 410-543-6030 or visit the SU COVID-19 webpage Coronavirus Information
- * University of Delaware – June 1st to begin a phased re-activating of campus operations – starting with their research facilities. The rate of reopening facilities will be contingent on sufficient testing, tracing and personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff. Coronavirus Information
- * Delaware State University – University is requiring that, while on campus, all essential employees and visitors wear a face covering except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health. Coronavirus Information
– Beginning Friday, May 1, 2020, Campus Police will maintain a list of approved essential/reporting employees or visitors at the front gate. Employees whose names are included on this list were notified via email on April 30. Anyone whose name does not appear on this list will be refused access at the security gate unless they obtain approval to access campus.
- * Wesley College – Coronavirus Information
- * UMES – Coronavirus Information
- * Delaware Tech – Coronavirus Information
- * Wor-Wic Community College – Tentative commencement date – Wednesday, August 19 at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center at 7pm. It is our intent to make a final decision about the August 19th ceremony no later than the middle of June. We will let you know at that time if plans for the ceremony are final, or if another alternative for graduate recognition will be provided. If the ceremony will be held as planned, you will receive an additional communication in June with all the details for the ceremony. Coronavirus Information
- Wilmington University – All classes are being conducted 100% online. University campuses and sites are closed through June 30, with all business conducted remotely. Coronavirus Information
– Wilmington University has tentatively rescheduled its spring commencement ceremonies for Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020, at the Chase Center on the Riverfront, in Wilmington, Delaware. While commencement will take place this fall, your degrees will still be conferred in the spring once final grades are received, and diplomas will be mailed this summer