Two people are facing drug-related charges after being pulled over on Iron Branch Road in Dagsboro.
Delaware State Police said the driver, 30-year-old Keion Sturgis of Dagsboro, was found to be driving with a suspended license.
According to police, a large amount of suspected heroin and cocaine was in plain view in the vehicle.
Police said a search turned up quantities of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and nearly $2,400 in suspected drug proceeds.
Sturgis was arrested and charged with drug offenses. A front-seat passenger also faces charges, while another passenger in the vehicle at the time was not charged with any crimes.
Delaware State Police released these details about the incident Tuesday:
Troopers conducted a probable cause search, and located inside the Honda:
- Approximately 5.936 grams of heroin
- Approximately 3.71 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 1.7 grams of marijuana
- Drug Paraphernalia
- $2,390.00 in suspected drug proceeds
Sturgis was transported to Delaware State Police Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Three counts- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving While Suspended
He was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $70,700.00 cash bond.
The 29-year-old front seat passenger was transported to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Marijuana (Civil Violation)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
She was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #2 and released on her own recognizance.
The backseat passenger was not charged with any crimes.