DART announced their 22nd year of partnering with the Food Bank of Delaware for the annual “Stuff The Bus” Thanksgiving Food Drive, with a goal of collecting 20 tons of non-perishable food for Delawareans in need.
“Stuff The Bus” will be collecting food at seven sites throughout the State. The site locations, collection dates, and times are:
- Monday, November 11: Acme, 18578 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Tuesday, November 12: Walmart, 939 N. DuPont Highway, Milford, 8 AM – 6 PM AND Safeway, 190 John Hunn Brown Rd., Dover, 8 AM – 6 PM (Corner of S. Bay Rd. at S. Little Creek Rd.)
- Wednesday, November 13: NEW ShopRite of First State Plaza, 1600 W. Newport Pike, Stanton, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Thursday, November 14: Rodney Square, Market Street side, Wilmington, 7 AM – 5 PM
- Friday, November 15: NEW ShopRite of Brandywine Commons, 1300 Rocky Run Parkway, Wilmington, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Saturday, November 16: NEW ShopRite of Four Seasons, 700 Plaza Dr., Newark, 9 AM – 4 PM
DART also encourages the public to donate directly to the Food Bank of Delaware, if they are unable to visit any of the “Stuff The Bus” collection sites.
For more information on donating food, contact the Food Bank at 302-292-1305, or visit their website at www.FBD.org.
The Food Bank of Delaware is a nonprofit agency committed to ending hunger in Delaware. According to the Food Bank, annually 1 in 8 people in Delaware rely on the Food Bank’s partners and programs for food assistance and 25 percent are children.