Hunters are encouraged to share their harvest by donating venison to the Delaware Sportsmen Against Hunger program. The donated venison will be distributed by DNREC’s Division of Fish & Wildlife to more than 30 charitable organizations throughout the state. Over the past 20-plus years, the program has provided about 2-million meals for needy Delawareans. Monetary donations are also accepted and will be used to pay for direct program expenses and to buy additional food. NO donations are used for administrative expenses.
Self-serve Walk-in Deer Cooler Donation Locations:
– Redden State Forest, 18074 Redden Forest Dr., Georgetown, DE 19947
– Assawoman Wildlife Area, 37604 Mulberry Landing Road, Frankford, DE 19945
– Gumboro Community Center, 36849 Millsboro Highway, Millsboro, DE 19966
– Little Creek Wildlife Area, 3018 Bayside Drive, Dover, DE 19901
– Norman G. Wilder, 782 Kersey Road, Viola, DE 19979
– Fish & Wildlife’s Milford Mosquito Control Office, 1161 Airport Road, Milford, DE 19963
Sportsmen Against Hunger participating butcher shops.
– Dave’s Cut ‘Em Up, 6854 Delmar Road, Delmar, DE (302) 381-7257
– Miller’s Butcher Shop, 577 Morgans Choice Road, Wyoming, DE (302) 697-8278
– D&J Custom Cutting, 89 Meyers Drive, Hartley, DE (302) 492-0323