Dewey Beach Man Charged with DUI & Weapons Offenses
A Dewey Beach man has been arrested after a traffic stop on Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach. Delaware State Police say 32 year old Andrew Vogt was speeding when he passed a trooper on patrol north of Miller Road. The trooper smelled alcohol coming from inside the car and Vogt showed signs of being under the influence. A DUI investigation was started and Vogt was arrested. A search of the vehicle turned up a loaded 9mm semi-automatic pistol, a 9 ½ inch fixed blade knife, over 13 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Vogt is charged with:
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm while Under the Influence
- Driving a Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Possession of Marijuana (Civil Violation)
- Speeding in Excess of Posted Speed Limit
Vogt was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #3 and was released on a $3000 unsecured bond.