DSP Arrest Bridgeville Man on Drug Offenses after Pursuit
A Bridgeville man has been arrested on numerous criminal charges after a pursuit and foot chase Thursday morning in Bridgeville. Delaware State Police spotted a moped on Mill Park Drive without a registration plate. When police tried to stop the moped the driver, 22 year old De’Andre Barham, took off – riding through several backyards before running into the woods. The trooper caught up and pushed Barham to the ground. Barham resisted arrest but was eventually taken into custody. He was found in possession of over 16 grams of crack cocaine, 314 baggies of suspected heroin, a prescription pill and drug paraphernalia. Barham was also wanted on two active warrants.
Barham was taken to Troop 5 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 2 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Disregarding a Police Officer Signal (Felony)
- Resisting Arrest With Force or Violence (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Traffic offenses
Barham was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $24,500 secured bond.