DSP Arrest Burglary Suspect in Harrington Business
A Houston man has been arrested for burglarizing a Harrington convenience store just after 1:30 Friday morning. Delaware State Police responded to the Summit Mart on Route 14 after multiple alarm activations at the closed business. Upon arrival troopers spotted a broken window and ordered the suspect to exit the business. Police arrested 18 year old Joshua Sample – he was wearing gloves and a mask and gave police a false name. He was also in possession of stolen merchandise from the store and drug paraphernalia.
Further investigation showed that Sample and another suspect burglarized the same business twice in January.
Sample was taken to Troop 3 and charged with the following crimes:
- Burglary Third Degree (Felony) – 3 counts
- Wearing a Disguise During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Theft Over $1,500 (Felony)
- Conspiracy Second Degree (Felony)
- Theft Under $1,500 – 2 counts
- Criminal Impersonation
- Criminal Mischief – 3 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Sample was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 7 and was released on $4,550 unsecured bond.