Electrical Fire Guts Recreational Camper

first-state-chevy

A recreational camper went up in flames during the early-morning hours Tuesday.

According to the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office, Rehoboth Beach firefighters who arrived at the 21,000-block of Waterview Road encountered flames coming from the camper. Other mutual aid fire companies also assisted. The camper was not occupied.

An investigation determined that the accidental fire occurred due to an electrical malfunction in a cord that provided electricity to the camper. An adjacent occupied house and a parked vehicle also sustained ‘exposure damage.’ The occupants got out safely.

Damage caused by the fire is estimated at $50,000.

IN & OUT TIRES