Fire Damages Olive Avenue Residence Friday Morning in Rehoboth

900

Image courtesy Rehoboth Beach VFC

Rehoboth Beach fire crews were called to Olive Avenue early Friday morning for a structure fire.  Crews arriving at the scene found smoke showing from the top floor with occupants evacuating the building.  State Fire Marshal investigators say the fire was accidental and began inside the third floor unit after an electrical malfunction in the ceiling lights.  There was no one home in the third floor unit but the building’s fire alarm system did notify occupants in unit 1 of the fire – unit 2 was not occupied.  Damage is estimated at $150,000 – there were no injuries.  Lewes, Milton and Indian River Fire Companies assisted.

Click here for more pictures