Fire in Lewes caused by faulty power strip

1900

Last week’s mid-morning fire in the Red Mill Pond neighborhood of Lewes was caused by a faulty power strip. Around 10 AM a house on the 22-thousand block of Preserve Drive was consumed by flames. The fire severely damaged the home and caused damages to five surrounding homes as well. State Fire Marshal determining the fire began on the porch when an electrical power strip with multiple appliances plugged in malfunctioned. Total damages estimated to be around $400,000.