Friday Coronavirus Numbers in DE
After reaching a new high in positive coronavirus cases on Thursday (649), the number of new positive tests backed off some on Friday – to 504. 360 of the new positive tests on Friday were in New Castle County – 92 in Sussex and 52 in Kent. There are 172 Delawareans hospitalized with the virus – 44 of them are in Sussex County. Delaware Public Health officials report no deaths from coronavirus on Friday and the 7-day average positive results of all tests given at 5.9%. On Friday, over 3100 people received negative test results – bringing the total number of negative tests since March to 365,622.
Today’s COVID-19 summary in Delaware reflects data as of Friday, Nov. 20. Fortunately, there were no new deaths reported today, keeping Delaware’s total number of COVID-related deaths at 746. The other numbers:
• 504 new positive cases, bringing the total to 31,321.
– New Castle, 17,262 cases
– Kent, 4,375 cases
– Sussex, 9,585
county not yet known, 95.
• 14.3% of people who tested positive in the 7-day rolling average (down five-tenths from the previous day) and 5.9% of total tests were positive in the 7-day rolling average (unchanged from the previous day).
• 172 current hospitalizations (up 2 from the previous day) including 29 in critical condition.
• 31 new hospital admissions (unchanged from the previous day).
• 3,156 people who tested negative bringing the total to 365,622.
For more data, including breakdowns by age, sex, race/ethnicity, at the statewide, county, and, in some cases, ZIP code or census tract level: https://myhealthycommunity.dhss.delaware.gov/locations/state