Harrington Woman Charged With 6th DUI Offense
A Harrington woman is facing her sixth DUI offense following a crash over the weekend on Route 1 in the Milton area.
According to Delaware State Police, a car ran off the roadway near Broadkill Road and struck a sign early Saturday morning. The vehicle kept going. Troopers found the damaged vehicle parked at a gas station on Deep Branch Road.
Police say 59-year-old Sandra Baker was still at the wheel, and the smell of alcohol led to a DUI investigation. According to police, her driver’s license was found to be suspended and a computer check turned up her five previous DUI arrests.
Delaware State Police listed these charges:
Baker was taken into custody and transported back to Troop 7 where she was charged with the following:
- 6th Offense after 5 prior offenses – Driving a Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol (Felony)
- Leaving the Scene of Property Collision Accident
- Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Failure to Report a Collision
Baker was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution on $10,310.00 secured bond.