Investigation into Drug Dealing Leads to Arrest of Frankford Man
A narcotics investigation by the Sussex County Drug Unit has led to the arrest of a Frankford man. On Friday detectives from the Sussex County Drug Unit and Governor’s Task Force executed a search warrant at 43 year old Billy Mumford’s residence on Pepper Trail in Frankford. Mumford was found in Selbyville where he was arrested. A search of Mumford and his home led to the discovery of the following:
- Approximately 36.86 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 17.95 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 39.67 grams of marijuana
- One loaded handgun with additional ammunition
- Various items of drug paraphernalia
- Over $16,000 in suspected drug dealing proceeds.
Mumford is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms and/or ammunition.
Mumford was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Mumford was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $123,000 cash bond.