Milford Apartment Fire Accidental

Baker Petroleum

A fire this afternoon at the Mispillion Apartments in Milford has been ruled accidental.  Carlisle firefighters were called just before 3pm and found smoke pouring from a 2nd story apartment.  A 30 year old woman was taken to the Bayhealth Sussex Campus with smoke inhalation – and is in good condition.  State Fire Marshal investigators say the fire began on the stove top when grease erupted into flames and burned out the kitchen.  Damage is estimated at $2500.  Smoke alarms in the unit did activate – as did the fire alarm pull station when it was activated to notify other residents of the fire.