Milford Using SwiftReach Emergency Notification System
SwiftReach is an emergency notification system that will alert residents to situations like law enforcement alerts, severe storm warning, road closures, water problems, evacuations and more. Milford Police and the City of Milford have put this system into use – and residents can receive emergency notifications by registering at the Swift911 web portal or smartphone app. Milford will use this system in place of the CODE Red System.
Sign up –
- Download the Swift911 Public mobile app – It’s free
- Text Swift911 to 99538 – Use your mobile phone and click on the link in the text message and follow the instructions.
KEEP INFORMED BOTH AT HOME AND ON THE GO
Your local public safety agencies rely on Swift911 to give you reliable and fast information. These can include:
- Public Safety Alerts
- Emergency Notices and Instructions
- Important Local Notices
You can subscribe (or unsubscribe) to specific alert types.
Your information is always kept private and confidential – it’s only for your municipality
HOW WILL I RECEIVE THESE ALERTS?
Alerts or notifications from your local agencies will be sent by one or more of the following:
- A voice call to your home and/or mobile numbers
- A text message to your mobile phone
- An email to one or more addresses
- Residents using the Swift911Public mobile app will receive
WHY SIGN UP?
- You have more control of how you are alerted – you can choose which numbers are called first
- You will be able to receive text messages for urgent events from Police and City staff
- You will be able to receive email alerts from Police and City staff
- You can view/listen to past alerts
- It helps to keep you informed
SWIFT911 PUBLIC SMARTPHONE APP
The FREE mobile app is available for Android, Apple (IOS) and Windows phones. Register through the app or login (if you have already registered).
The app uses GPS location services – if you are in an area where an emergency alert is activated you can receive the information (even if you are not subscribed to that location’s list).
Receiving push notifications makes it even easier to know what you need when you need it.
GET THE MOBILE APP!
You can go to the app store on your phone or just text Swift911 to 99538 and click on the link in your text message.
You will be able to download the mobile app.
If you would like more information on our Swift911 Emergency Alerting service, please contact Lt. Edward Huey at 302.422.8081 ext 122.