UPDATED: New Historic Marker for St George AME Church & Cemetery in Lewes
UPDATED – 6/24 8:50am – A new historical marker has been unveiled in Lewes. The new marker was placed by the Division of Public Archives at the site of the original St George AME Church and Cemetery on Pilottown Road, where the cemetery is still located. The marker celebrates the church’s long history in Lewes – it was established before 1880 – the current church – on Park Avenue – has been there since 1933. The dedication took place at 4pm on Saturday.