PA Man Charged after Traffic Stop Near Laurel
A traffic stop Sunday just after 10pm led to the arrest of a Pennsylvania man on gun and drug charges. Delaware State Police on patrol spotted a vehicle with expired tags traveling northbound on Route 13 near Gordy Road near Laurel. The trooper stopped the vehicle and while speaking with the driver, 46 year old Charles Riddick, found he also had a suspended driver’s license. A search of the vehicle before towing it from the scene turned up a loaded handgun, brass knuckles, a small quantity of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Riddick, a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms, was arrested and taken to Troop 5, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts
- Traffic offenses
Riddick was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $31,275 cash bond.