Salisbury Home Damaged by Accidental Fire


Image courtesy Salisbury Fire Dept

Salisbury firefighters were called to a home on Delaware Avenue around 8:30 Tuesday morning for a structure fire. Crews arriving at the scene found a working fire in a two-story home. The fire was discovered by the occupant and officials say there was a smoke alarm present – which did not operate.

State Fire Marshal investigators say the fire was accidental and began in a second floor bedroom from combustibles too close to a heat source.

The displaced occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Damage is estimated at $70,000.