Salisbury home destroyed by fire on Thanksgiving

775

A Salisbury home went up in flames and was destroyed in a fire caused by unattended cooking on Thanksgiving Day.

The blaze broke out on Emerson Avenue in Salisbury at a single family home early Thanksgiving morning, according to the Salisbury Fire Department, who said the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Units from Salisbury and Delmar responded at 0353 for a structure fire on Emerson Ave. Two residents and a pet escaped safely after they were alerted by a smoke detector. The cause was unattended cooking.

Posted by Salisbury Fire Department on Thursday, November 28, 2019

Flames could be seen coming out of the windows and doors of the home, according to WBOC, who reported the fire broke out sometime before 4 a.m. Thursday morning.

Two people were inside when the blaze broke out. They and their pets were able to escape safely thanks to a smoke detector.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.