Seaford Traffic Stop Leads To Laurel Man’s Arrest On Weapons / Drug Charges
A man who was pulled over by Seaford Police during a traffic stop for a window tint violation is facing drugs-and-weapons charges.
Seaford Police said 44-year-old Carlo Munoz-Barreto of Laurel was found to be wanted for arrest by Delaware State Police when he was stopped on South Market Street. At the time, Police saw a handgun inside the driver’s door pocket when the door was opened. Police said a search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of some cocaine, heroin, marijuana, a rifle, numerous prescription pills, and loaded extended magazine. Police also seized more than $2,800 cash that Munoz-Barreto was carrying.
He was being held at Sussex Correctional Institution.
Seaford Police listed these charges:
A further search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of 58.1 grams of cocaine, 10 bags of heroin, 519 grams of marijuana, 49 pills of hydrochlorothiazide, digital scales, a box of plastic baggies, .22 caliber long rifle ammunition, numerous types of prescription pills, and an extended magazine loaded with (19) 9mm bullets. The handgun was also found to be loaded with (12) 9mm bullets. A search of the operator found
him to be in possession of $2,826.00 in cash, which was also seized.
Carlo Munoz-Barreto was transported to Seaford PD where he was charged with the following crimes:
• Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
• Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a person prohibited who also possessed Controlled Substances (Felony) – 3 counts
• Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
• Manufacture/Deliver/ PWID Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
• Possession of a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
• Possess Consume any Prescription drug, not a controlled substance (Misdemeanor) – 8 counts
• Possess Consume a Controlled or Counterfeit Substance except for Human Growth Hormone without a
• Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Not related to personal use quantity Marijuana or Person Under 18
• Operating a vehicle with improper Window Tinting
Carlo Munoz-Barreto was arraigned by the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $139,850.00 Cash Only Bail and issued an unsecured bail for the DSP theft warrant.