Selbyville Man Arrested On Drugs, Firearms Charges
A Selbyville man faces charges related to drugs and firearms following an investigation that Delaware State Police said lasted for several months.
A search warrant was conducted at a residence on Cordgrass Circle earlier this week. State Police said the search turned up a stolen 9-mm handgun, two rifles, numerous boxes of ammunition, some heroin and a liquid THC vape cartridge.
32-year-old Michael Johnson was taken into custody without incident. He additionally is charged with endangering the welfare of three children by committing a drug offense.
Johnson was being held at Sussex Correctional Institution.
Delaware State Police listed these charges:
A search of the residence led to the discovery of a stolen black Arex Slovenia 9 mm handgun, a Marlin Firearms Co .22 caliber rifle, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 Rifle, numerous boxes of ammunition, approximately .21 grams of heroin, and one liquid THC vape cartridge. Johnson was taken into custody at the residence without incident.
Johnson was transported to Troop 4, and charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony ) – 3 Counts
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 3 Counts
- Knowingly Operate a Clandestine Laboratory (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by Person Prohibited (Felony ) – 6 Counts
- Manufacture/Deliver Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon with Removed Serial Number (Felony)
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm (Felony)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child by Committing a Drug Offense – 3 Counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Not Related to Personal Use Quantity Marijuana
- Possession of Marijuana – Personal Use Quantity (Civil Violation)
Johnson was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 for the above charges, and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $170,300 cash bond.