Wilmington Man Arrested for DUI & Weapons Offenses Near Frederica
A Delaware State Trooper on patrol on Route 1 Sunday morning around 5 near Frederica spotted an orange Outlander traveling at a high rate of speed. A traffic stop was made and the driver, 50 year old Larry Murray of Wilmington, showed signs of impairment. Field tests were given and Murray was arrested. A search of his SUV turned up multiple containers of alcohol and a loaded handgun concealed in a backpack within Murray’s reach.
Murray is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing a firearm.
Murray was taken to Troop 3, where he was charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence
- Driving Under the Influence
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Speeding in Excess of 55 MPH
- Failure to Remain Within a Single Lane
Murray was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 7 and was committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $24,250 cash bond.