Salisbury Mobile Home Seriously Damaged by Two Alarm Fire

0
596

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating after a mobile home in the 31000 block of Old Fruitland Road in Salisbury caught fire around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 26.

The home, 12 feet by 60 feet wide caught fire on it’s underside. Authorities believe the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction. A neighbor discovered the blaze and contacted authorities.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says it was a two alarm fire, with 40 firefighters responding. It is unknown if the home had a working smoke alarm or sprinkler system. Damages are estimated at 20,000 dollars to the structure and 10,000 dollars to it’s contents.

The occupants of the mobile home were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.