Seven suspects have pled guilty and been sentenced in recent months in connection with two assaults on the Ocean City Boardwalk last June.
According to Ocean City Police, their investigation into the assaults determined that the same people were involved in each incident. Surveillance footage from City Watch, cellphone video from witnesses, citizen tips and cooperative investigation with other police jurisdictions led to the arrests.
All seven suspects have received ten-year prison sentences, in come cases with multiple years suspended.
OCPD released this statement Tuesday:
The following individuals have been sentenced for their involvement in these incidents:
- Marquis Trajon Demby, 23, Lincoln, DE, sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Marcus Dashawn Butler, 28, Cambridge, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but 7 years suspended.
- Orlando Manship Nichols Jr, 21, Cambridge, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but 6 years suspended.
- Xavier Jamal Spencer, 20, Cambridge, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Daveione K Cephas, 21, Cambridge, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but 6 years suspended.
- Cortez Murray, 24, Easton, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but 6 years suspended.
- Kabreon Nichols, 19, Cambridge, MD, sentenced to 10 years in prison with all but 5 years suspended.
“The Ocean City Police Department would like to thank the numerous citizens who assisted them in identifying the suspects in this case. In addition, a special thanks goes out to fellow law enforcement agencies, Maryland State Police, Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office, Cambridge Police Department, and the Easton Police Department for their cooperative effort in this investigation. Lastly, we would like to thank the Worcester County States Attorney’s Office for their hard work and dedication to see each of these cases through to the end.“