A Bridgeville man has been arrested on multiple offenses following a hit and run accident.
Delaware State Police said troopers determined that a pick-up truck with a trailer attached crossed the center line of Seaford Road Tuesday night and collided with a work van. The pick-up driver kept going, and the other driver was not hurt.
Police later located the pick-up truck being pushed by another vehicle in Laurel, before getting stuck on railroad tracks. Troopers said 29-year-old Gerson Adaquin of Bridgeville was still behind the wheel of the damaged pick-up.
The smell of alcohol led to further investigation, and State Police said Adaquin became argumentative and resisted arrest with force. He is charged with resisting arrest, DUI, disorderly conduct and many motor vehicle offenses.
Delaware State Police released these charges against Gerson Adaquin:
Adaquin was charged with the following crimes:
- Resisting Arrest with Force (Felony)
- Resisting Arrest
- Failure To Comply With Taking Of Photos And Fingerprints
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Leaving The Scene Of Property Collision Accident
- Disorderly Conduct
- Driving Without a Valid License
- Failure To Provide Information At Collision Scene Resulting In Property Damage
- 2 counts- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Driving An Unsafe Motor Vehicle
- Operation of An Unregistered Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Have Two Head Lamps
- Following a Motor Vehicle Too Closely
- Failure to Display License Plate
- Willfully Abandon Vehicle on Highway
- Failure To Report A Collision Involving Alcohol
- Careless Driving
- Failed to Remain in Single Lane
Adaquin was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $2,080.00 secured bond.