Monday Afternoon Fire in Bridgeville Accidental

Bridgeville fire crews were called for a house fire just before 1:30 Monday afternoon.  Crews responding found heavy fire showing from a single-family wood framed home on Oak Street.  Crews from Greenwood, Seaford and Farmington assisted, and the scene was cleared around 3:30pm.   State Fire Marshal investigators say the fire began in the living room when a cigarette lighter malfunctioned and ignited light weight combustibles.  Fire damage is estimated at $35,000.  Fire officials say two adults were taken to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital for evaluation and the American Red Cross has been contacted for assistance.