Felton Man Arrested on 3rd Felony DUI & Gun Charges
January 29, 2023/
A Felton man has been arrested on weapons and DUI charges after a traffic stop. A Delaware State Police trooper on patrol in the Camden area spotted a Taurus make a turn without signaling and committing other moving violations. When the trooper contacted the driver, he smelled alcohol coming from 46 year old Harold Hampton of Felton and saw signs of impairment. Hampton was arrested for DUI – a search of the Taurus turned up a handgun under the front passenger seat. A computer check showed Hampton has two prior convictions for DUI.
Hampton was taken to Troop 3 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- 3rd Offense DUI (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence
- Numerous traffic offenses
Hampton was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 7 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $32,100 cash bond.