UPDATED 10/20/19 9am – State fire investigators say a fire this morning on Hoot Owl Lane near Millville was accidental and started in an attached garage. Millville and Dagsboro firefighters were called just before 3am and crews arriving at the scene found the residence fully involved. Multiple area fire crews helped to battle the blaze or provide backup. The State Fire Marshal says the cause is a malfunction of the electrical wiring in the garage. Smoke alarms inside the house were working and everyone got out safely. Damage is estimated at $75,000 – including exposure damage to a neighbor’s home.
Dagsboro firefighters were called early this morning for a fire on Hoot Owl Lane east of Dagsboro. The call came in just before 3am and crews arriving at the scene found the residence fully involved. Multiple crews including Roxana, Millville, Bethany Beach and Frankford assisted to battle the blaze or provide backup. The State Fire Marshal was also on the scene.