Driver Found Passed Out At Gas Pumps Charged With 3rd DUI, Other Offenses
A Laurel man is facing numerous weapons-and-drugs related charges as well as his third DUI offense.
According to Delaware State Police, troopers were called to the Oasis Truck Stop on Sussex Highway about an unconscious driver of a pick-up truck at the gas pumps. The man was awakened, and State Police say signs of intoxication led to an investigation.
A consent search was conducted. According to police, 43-year-old Jerome Slavinskas III was in possession of crystal meth. Police also said a search of his vehicle turned up firearms, ammunition, a crossbow and some marijuana.
State Police listed these charges against Slavinskas:
- Three counts- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Two counts- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm while Under the Influence
- 3rd Offense Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Driving with Expired License
- Failure to have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Operation of an Unregistered Motor Vehicle
State Police said a search of the vehicle turned up the following:
- Approximately 2.09 grams of marijuana
- New England Firearms 12 gauge shotgun
- Remington model 700
- Barnett Ghost 420 Crossbow
- 17- 12 gauge shotgun rounds
- 5- 30-60 rifle rounds