Seaford House Fire Ruled Accidental

154

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal says a fire that ripped through a Seaford home on Monday evening was accidental.

Officials say the blaze was reported shortly after 9 p.m. Monday night in the 400 block of East King Street. The Seaford Volunteer Fire Company responded. A deputy fire marshal was called to the scene, who assessed the cause as a malfunctioning power cord connected to an air conditioning unit.

No injuries were reported. Officials estimate fire damage at $50,000 dollars.