Wind Advisory for Eastern Shore of MD & VA Tuesday
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 8 PM EDT TUESDAY…
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 8 AM to 8 PM EDT Tuesday.
* AREAS AFFECTED: Eastern Shore from Chincoteague and Wallops Island north to Ocean City
* HAZARDS: Strong gusty winds.
* WINDS: Northeast winds will increase quickly Tuesday morning with wind gusts of 45 to 50 mph possible in areas along the coast and just inland from the water.
* TIMING: Tuesday morning and through Tuesday afternoon.
* IMPACTS: Handling of high profile vehicles will become difficult. Wind blowing across bridges and causeways will be of the most concern. Some spotty power outages along with down tree limbs amd small trees are all possible. Light objects such as trash cans and outdoor furniture may be tossed around.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult…especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.