Somerset County Campground Store Damaged in Accidental Fire


The Maryland State Fire Marshal says a fire that damaged the single story campground store at the Lake Somerset Family Campground in Westover Thursday afternoon was accidental. The fire was discovered by the occupants of the building just before 4:30pm. It took Princess Anne Volunteer Firefighters about 90 minutes to control the fire, which investigators…

Read More

Accidental Fire Heavily Damages Selbyville Business


A fire that heavily damaged a Selbyville business has been ruled accidental. The blaze occurred on Dixon Street at the Avalanche Industries shortly before 7:30 a.m. yesterday. According to the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office, faulty electric wiring caused the fire, which started in the attic. No injuries were reported, but damage to the business…

Read More

Fire Heavily Damages Wolf Road Home


Firefighters in Hebron were called for a fire in a double wide mobile home just after 3:30 Friday morning on Wolf Road in Salisbury. State Fire Marshal investigators say the fire was accidental – a failure of an electrical branch circuit and began in a rear bedroom wall. There was a smoke alarm present, but…

Read More

Accidental Fire Heavily Damages Salisbury Home

Photo courtesy of Salisbury Fire Dept.

An accidental fire, caused by discarded smoking materials, heavily damaged a home in Salisbury this week. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, a pet cat perished in the blaze Wednesday afternoon on Pine Way. The fire broke out in a first floor living room. Smoke alarms were present and activated. No injuries were…

Read More